- Some of the links in this article are "affiliate links", a link with a special tracking code. This means if you click on an affiliate link and purchase the item, we will receive an affiliate commission.
- Unless otherwise stated, blogs are from pre-COVID-19 pandemic and restrictions. All information subject to change
The Traveler’s Conference (commonly referred to as TravCon) is an annual conference of traveling healthcare professionals in Las Vegas. TravCon is a 2-3 day event, although event participants are encouraged to go early to enjoy all of the attractions that Vegas has to offer. With a diverse schedule of events in a small time, you may be wondering what to pack for TravCon. As a participant of previous conferences, I put together the ultimate guide of what to pack for TravCon.
You can pack for TravCon with a carry on sized bag. If you tend to pack on the heavy side then plan for a checked bag. Please note: whatever size bag you bring you will want extra room to bring “freebies” home. You will get loads of free swag (tee shirts, hats, sunglasses, pens, etc) at the exhibit hall and will need extra space to return it home. You will also want a bag to carry around with you at the conference and a small purse or wristlet for after conference events.
NOTE: Las Vegas is full of crowds of unsuspecting tourists and can be a pick pocketer paradise. When walking the strip and going to areas with crowds I would recommend carrying a bag that has full closure and that you can keep in a place that is not accessible to thieves, i.e. under your shoulder or in front of your body.
Attire at the conference is very personalized and there is not a strict dress code. I have seen attendees wearing everything from yoga pants and jeans to dresses and suits. I would advise wearing something to the conference that you would also feel comfortable meeting other professionals in and wearing to meet and greets directly after the conference. For the evening, I recommend bringing outfits more suited for a “going out” vibe. The final night of the conference is an epic afterparty at a rooftop bar (2017 will be at Drai’s). The afterparty attire is dressed up/semi formal.
I would recommend bringing 3 business casual outfits along with comfortable shoes for walking. I think it is best to look professional as you will be mixing and mingling with other travelers, recruiters and influencers in the travel healthcare industry.
For Sunday through Tuesday night:
– 3 Business casual outfits
– A sweater or cover up for the air conditioning during the day
– 1-2 pairs of comfortable shoes for the conference
– 2 outfits for traveling days prior and after the conference (I prefer yoga pants and tees)
– 1 semi formal outfit and shoes for the afterparty
– 2 nighttime outfits for going out Sunday and Monday nights
– Swimming suit if you plan to hang out by the pool
– Make up and your standard toiletries.
– Sunscreen (Temps will likely be >100 degrees outside!)
– Electronics with charging cords and cables
– Laptop for connectivity (if wanted)
– Camera or phone for recording memories
– Water bottle
– Notebook (or phone notes app) for taking notes during the conference
What Not To Pack
– Body soaps and shampoo. This is available at the hotel (Unless you prefer a specific brand)
– Hair dryer – also available at the hotel
– Uncomfortable clothes or shoes. You will be moving and walking a lot during the day.
Chairs also get full quickly and you may find yourself sitting on the floor for a session or meal.
If this is your first time at TravCon or you are a returning traveler I hope that this guide helps you to decide what to pack and you come prepared for an awesome conference! Comment below with anything else that you are planning to bring.
Free E-Book & Newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email and a free download of
The Crash Course to Travel Therapy